MCS Group are delighted to be working with a leading financial services firm who are seeking to recruit a Settlements Associate for their Belfast based team.
Our client is a global firm of professional intermediaries that plays a pivotal role in the world's financial, energy and commodities markets.
Operating through a diverse range of core businesses, the firm creates strong networks in person and through technology. They provide comprehensive analysis and insight into market conditions and long-term trends, combining data, knowledge and intelligence into contextual insight and commercial guidance. By engaging with their clients, and providing innovative products and services, they enable their clients to transact with confidence, facilitating the flow of capital and commodities around the world, enhancing investment and contributing to economic growth.
They are known in the market for their Honesty, Integrity, and Excellence in the provision of service to their clients. Above all else, they Respect their clients and each other, without bias. Employees are expected to uphold the values and principles of their cultural framework in performance of their job duties.
The Settlements team are responsible for supporting a multitude of Fixed Income and Cash Equity broking desks in several EMEA locations including performing a variety of Settlement Middle office tasks to ensure both timely and accurate matching of trades within a controlled environment. The main function of the team is to ensure that all trades are matched with clients so that the purchases & sales settle on time with zero cost to the company, as trade sizes are very large & carry associated risks.
- Ensure timely matching of trades by dealing with and resolving any exceptions on day of trade date
- Managing trade exceptions and validating front office amendments/cancellations where necessary
- Provide first line support to brokers for any settlements queries
- Escalate any issues that can't be addressed to management
- Work with peripheral teams to ensure the data is correct to support the trade flow
- To provide support on any relevant project, under the direction and oversight of your Manager
- Must be legally eligible to work in the UK
- Strong settlements experience - investment banking
- Knowledge of the financial markets & traded instruments
- A broad base of operations knowledge and experience
- Skilled in Microsoft applications software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
- Bank holiday and late shift coverage may be required
- Market leading salary for associate level -
- Benefits including 10% bonus and PMI
- Pension plan
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Matthew Woods, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Experience: 0 yrs