MCS Group are delighted to be partnering with a leading, global Financial Services firm based in Belfast who are seeking to recruit a Senior Operations Analyst.
Our client operates across two business segments, a broker dealer and an investment management division. With a wide offering in Investment Banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage and clearing services.
We are seeking an Operations Professional, who will act as a key team player in the Settlements & Collateral team for our Stock Loan International business. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring timely allocation of trades, settlement, cash collateral movements and reconciliation of any exceptions. We are looking for a professional with excellent written and verbal communications skills who is exceptionally organised and detail oriented. The successful candidates will need to exhibit strong academic performance, exceptional interpersonal skills, and superior analytical, and communication skills.
- Ensuring timely allocation of trades, settlement, cash collateral movements and reconciliation of any exceptions
- Liaising with counterparties, Settlements, Middle office and Front office to resolve issues and settle trades
- Working with Middle Office to resolve booking issues and amendments
- Working with Treasury daily to project the day's cash usage
- Resolving any external breaks on the daily contract comparison report
- Pre-matching trades for future settlement
- Investigating outstanding breaks and resolving them in a timely manner
- Working with the Front office to streamline the operation flow of the various products that we support
- A relevant university degree in finance, economics or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience
- 2-3 years' work experience in Operations/Clearing/ International Settlements
- Knowledge of investment types and financial markets
- Experience with reconciliation, trade input and accounting reporting
- Trade settlement experience in various International markets.
- Middle Office support experience
- Customer focused attitude, and able to interface directly with clients
- Ensure high levels of confidentiality are maintained in relation to the work of the company and clients.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communications skills
- Experience working with clearing counterparties
- Ability to manage high volumes with multiple settlement and payment deadlines
- Advance Excel (the ability to manipulate and summarise financial data)
- Knowledge of Broadridge systems, including 4SF, Shadow and Gloss would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of Swift and UBS Key Link would be preferential
Salary for this role is dependent on experience and offers a first class benefits package.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Matthew Woods, Specialist Consultant at MCS.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Experience: 0 yrs