MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting in Senior Credit Risk Analyst for a leading company based in Belfast.
This is a great time to be joining the business and developing your skillset in an efficient running environment in one of Irelands best employers. Continuing to set the standards in best practice our client offers an excellent benefits package that includes a 10% annual bonus, 6% pension contribution, private healthcare and extra holiday entitlements.
Job: Senior Credit Risk
You will be responsible for the efficient application of business credit policies, creative and proactive enhancement of existing processes, combining risk management techniques with the promotion of business growth, and continuous development of the Credit Risk Team.
Reporting to the Credit Risk Manager your responsibilities include the following:
Implementation and enhancement of the business Credit Policy
- Responsible for the implementation of the business credit policy within agreed service delivery targets.
- Assessment of new business acquisitions and contract renewal of existing business within agreed workflows and criteria.
- Ensure accurate interpretation of financial information in the assessment of creditworthiness and measurement of risk.
- Review, evaluate and interpret complex financial statements by applying sound judgement and decision making.
- Identify and minimise risk by utilising due diligence and applying sound judgement to escalate issues when necessary and recommend opportunities for growth.
- Preparation and presentation of credit opinions to the business Credit Committee.
Risk Monitoring and promotion of business growth
- Minimising risk through adherence to insurance policy criteria and monitoring of business procedures to ensure objectives are met.
- Assist with improvements in risk monitoring practices and strategies by providing feedback to management to implement best practice and maximise efficiencies.
- Contribute to the recording and measurement of risk to ensure accuracy and good practice through review and analysis of customer portfolios.
- Assisting with the application of credit insurance policy criteria across the customer database, including credit insurance limit applications and review of insurance claims.
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met and understood within the business.
- Research and obtain market intelligence in order to support business growth.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen in analysing the impact of marketplace and regulatory changes on the business, making informed risk decisions as a result of any developments.
Team development and continuous improvement
- Support the highest level of teamwork, knowledge transfer and motivation through an appropriate combination of communication, learning and development of team members.
- Support the Debt & Credit Risk Manager to generally progress, chase and follow-up queries, exposure analysis and system/process enhancements.
- Mentor junior team members by managing projects and training initiatives, answering escalated questions and reviewing financial statement analysis to ensure efficient team performance and delivery.
- Contribute to assigned projects by assisting with audits and process improvements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, building support and business development networks.
- Communicating opportunities for continuous improvement and clarifying and explaining decisions to ensure understanding of business goals and objectives.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others, illustrating accountability, flexibility to the role and an attitude of continuous improvement
Key Requirements for this role are as follows:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working in an analytical role, preferably in a financial discipline
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a mentoring role
- Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills
- Detailed understanding of credit procedures including credit scoring processes and systems
- IT literate with a sound working knowledge of MS packages, to include Word and Excel at intermediate level
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Stephen Turkington, Senior Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs