Who we're working with
MCS Group are partnering with a household name in finance and accountancy delivery. The business delivers operational and managed service solutions to clients across a range of situations; bringing together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resource and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges.
About the role
Joining a business unit which is currently experiencing rapid and significant growth, you will be coming alongside a team of accounting professionals at all levels who provide operational delivery expertise running client's finance functions including, Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable management, payment runs, monthly management accounts, KPI reporting, documenting processes and controls and Tableau reporting.
Being responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients.
- Review of monthly management accounting workbooks
- Financial accounting - preparing financial statements under applicable Reporting Standards
- Accounts Payable/Receivable management
- Review of general ledger reconciliations and control accounts
- Preparation, reconciliation and presentation of balance sheet reviews to senior stakeholders
- Scoping and understanding the client's current system and reporting requirements
- Contributing to the creation and providing best practice challenge to finance processes
- Working with Technology solution team on set up of accounting system
- Managing the team to ensure efficiency and quality in our delivery
- Manage and coach our trainee accountants in their roles in delivery
Who we are looking for:
Qualifications & Experience
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability at managing a team and a portfolio of work
- Proven ability to produce quality financial work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly proficient in the use of computerised/ cloud accounting systems and Microsoft Office applications - good MS Excel skills are essential
- Experience in documenting and/or testing financial processes - desirable
- Experience in SAP S/4HANA, Oracle Cloud or Navision - desirable
- A strong accounting background
- Confident speaking to and advising clients
- Good analytical skills, commercial aptitude and professionally sceptical mindset (ability to identify issues, understand complex problems, draw sound conclusions)
- A strong desire to learn, a willingness to share knowledge and a strong team ethic
- The ability to coach and develop others
- Enthusiastic, diligent and energetic with a flexible approach in a rapidly changing environment
- A proven track record of providing exceptional service and establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- The ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines
These roles are based in the Belfast office with the ability to flex some time to work at home and will require some travel from time to time to help support our client base.
What's in it for you?
In addition to the client work and training, employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- A flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit your (and your family's) needs.
- Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by the employer
For more information or to apply, please submit your CV via the link provided or contact Phoebe Preston at MCS Group
Experience: 0 yrs