MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a Purchase Ledger for a leading Belfast SME.
Our client specialises in FMCG and has grown at a rapid rate over the last 5 years. Working out of a modern environment we're forecasting sales around the £5million mark this year and with this need an efficient finance assistant to join their operations.
You will be proactive in your approach with great attention to detail in maintaining the smooth running of the finance department. You will provide support across a range of accounting activities but mainly focusing in Purchase Ledger and Banking administration.
Reporting to the Financial Controller your responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for an efficient purchase ledger function that includes collection, coding and posting of purchase invoices
- Reconcile purchase ledger supplier accounts/statements on a monthly basis
- Investigate, resolve or refer discrepancies to the Financial Controller
- Credit cards - ensure receipts are collected, coded and posted to credit card purchase ledger accounts
- Produce fortnightly supplier payment schedules for approval
- Match goods received notes to invoices and post to the correct supplier accountants whilst resolving any discrepancies
- Process direct debits and bank charges daily
- Reconcile bank accounts on a weekly and month end basis ensuring that the bank reconciliation and unreconciled items match to the cash book balance
- Investigate, resolve or refer banking discrepancies to the FC
- Prepare weekly bank lodgements to take to the bank
Key Requirements for this role are as follows:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a Purchase ledger function with bank reconciliations
- Excellent communication skills and confident in interaction with others.
- Active team member who supports and engages with others and works effectively in a team
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs