MCS Group is delighted to be partnering with a key client within the public sector to source a Project/Systems Accountant.
Our client announced & outlined their plans this week in relation to building & construction so this is a particularly exciting time to join the organisation.
Role based in Belfast.
Competitive salary and flexible working on offer.
Purpose of the role:
To provide a lead role in systems projects within the Finance Division and assisting the Finance Manager - Systems.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager (Systems), the successful candidate will:
- Undertake specific projects to review, analyse and document existing information systems, procedures and processes.
- Investigate and identify opportunities for improvement and re-engineering throughout the Finance Division.
- Undertake a lead role in implementing solutions leading to improved systems and processes.
- Provide 'Project Support' for all going projects and assist in preparation of project plans and documentation in line with the requirements of PRINCE2 project management methodology.
- Undertake a lead role in the preparation and maintenance of systems documentation for all new systems implemented within Finance
System Management/ Development
- Provide support in the routine management of finance systems,
- Ensure that all new interfaces and routines are implemented in a controlled manner
- Utilise desktop productivity tools and report writing software to provide reports to meet the information needs of users of the integrated financial management system.
- Write complex reports using report writing software (e.g. Business Object/ Power BI)
- Develop and test appropriate reporting solutions and provide feedback to the reporting team
- Perform quality review in terms of format and financial accuracy of new and existing reporting solutions.
- Interpret financial information and present to senior management.
Liaison and representation on divisional project teams
- Act as a liaison between Finance and other divisions
- Play an active role and represent Finance on organisation wide projects.
- Participate in training courses as required.
- Prepare training documentation and plan training courses
- Provide training to Finance staff as required.
Staff Management Duties
- Implement and participate in any of the organisation's adopted initiatives as required.
- Deputise for the Finance Manager - Systems as required
- Liaise with external suppliers in resolving system problems.
- Provide a consultancy service to Finance customers as required.
- Represent the Finance Division on internal committees and working groups
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as may arise from time to time
Hold one of the following qualifications:
- Accountancy Qualification ( CCAB body )
- A degree or a qualification of an equivalent academic level in a subject which contains a strong finance and/or systems bias, such as BSc Accounting, BSc Management & Information Systems, BSc Business Information Technology
Exceptionally candidates not holding the above level of qualifications but with 5 year's relevant Systems and project Management experience may be considered.
All Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years' relevant experience working within an accounting environment.
Candidates must demonstrate 2 years' experience gained within the last 5 years in each of the following areas in their application:
- Experience developing financial reports for Senior Management to tight timescales using Business Intelligence Tools.
- Experience in taking a lead role (Project Manager/Team Leader role) in significant business improvement projects.
- Experience in implementing new finance systems and /or finance related business processes, ensuring appropriate controls and enhancing efficiency and effectiveness.
What do I do next?
If the above sounds like you, then get in touch with Clare Simpson at MCS Group to discuss in more detail or submit your CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit the MCS website to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs