MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a Payroll Officer for our Belfast based client
This is an exciting time to be joining our client within Financial Services. Our client has grown significantly over the past number of years and as a result have created this position for the business bringing Payroll in house. Our client offers a modern, quirky culture with an excellent benefits package ensuring they lead the way in employee and customer satisfaction.
Job: Payroll Officer
You will be responsible for bringing our clients 200+ payroll in house whilst having autonomy to make value added decisions. We're looking for a competent payroller who is looking a new and rewarding challenge in their career as this will serve great satisfaction in a supportive environment.
Reporting to the Finance Manager your responsibilities are as follows:
- Processing all aspects of our clients UK Payroll
- Process new starters, leavers, maternity's and employee transfers
- Ensure all sickness and absence records are reported accurately on Sage Payroll
- Ensure all pension including auto enrolment processes and submissions is administered to the pension provider accurately
- Process employee monthly expenses
- Responsible for the right to work documents
- Ensure that all statutory payments (SMP, SPP, SSP) are calculated correctly
- Preparation and submission of Payroll Bacs run
- Ensure that FPS and EPS returns are made to HRMC
- Keep up to date with latest legislation regarding payroll and pension issues
- Reconcile all payroll control accounts monthly from Sage payroll to the finance general ledgers
- Provide supporting information for annual budget preparation, financial and management accounts preparation and statistical returns
- Perform year end procedure for Payroll
- Support the finance department in ad hoc duties when required
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a payroll position
- Working knowledge of HMRC payroll procedures and legislation
- Proven competency in payroll, proficient in SAGE Payroll and Excel
- A self-motivator and able to meet tight deadlines
- Able to work effectively as part of a small team
- Ability to lead and take ownership
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs