Payroll Manager, Belfast - £25,000 - £38,000
MCS Group is actively recruiting a Payroll Manager on behalf of their client, a leading IT firm, based in Belfast City. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller this is a pivotal position with the team and will be responsible for the efficient control of the EMEA payroll function. In addition, managing relations with internal and external clients will be key.
- Manage all aspects of payroll (sick pay, maternity pay, overtime payments, shift allowances, pension payments, tax code changes, salary amendments, court orders, bank detail changes, tax credits, student loans, bonus payments, child care vouchers etc.)
- Obtain approvals for variable payroll items (bonus, commission, overtime etc.)
- Gather, prepare and submit salary information to managed service providers
- Ensure all payments to employees, government bodies, pension providers etc. are made accurately and on-time.
- Manage pension auto-enrolment for the UK employee base.
- Provide assistance to HR department as required.
- Adhere to all statutory and company policies and procedures.
- Provide support with local payroll tax audits.
- Manage the timely submission of year end reports and tax payments
- Assist the Financial Controller in the maintenance of the Payroll Cycle SOX documentation.
- Provide information in a timely manner for SOX and various external audits.
- Ensure SOX controls are embedded in daily activities and evidence is available. Remediate existing deficiencies, if any, and strive for zero deficiency.
- Management of reporting & statutory filings (P14/P60, P11D, PAYE Settlement, P45, P46, P46 Car, etc).
- Complete year-end reconciliations and distribute employee P60's.
- Processing of benefits and completion of P11d's.
- Creation of month end payroll journals for GL posting
- Undertaking monthly & year-end reconciliations (Payroll, Pensions, PAYE, NIC, Auditor's schedule).
- Generate reports for payroll, pension and other external payments
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of 5 Years experience of running UK Payrolls for medium/large organisations
- Excellent knowledge of HMRC PAYE/NIC
- Experience of working with pension schemes to include Auto Enrolment
- Experience of processing payrolls both in-house and through a managed service provider
- Highly proficient user of Microsoft Excel
- CIPP Qualification
- Experience of working in a shared service environment with a solid understanding of HR cycles - desired
- Experience of running EMEA payrolls for medium/large organisations - desired
- Experience of working in a SOX environment - desired
- Experience of working in a dynamic industry with various remuneration bases - desired
- Ability to prepare monthly payroll journals - desired
- Third level qualification in business or accountancy - desired
In return the client are offering an attractive salary in line with experience, plus package.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Nadine Savage, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs