MCS Group are partnering with a household name in the finance managed services and outsourcing space. The business delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations; bringing together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resource and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges.
The Part Qualified Accountant role sits within a business unit which is currently experiencing rapid growth, and offers the chance to join a team of accounting professionals at all levels who provide operational delivery expertise for large execution programmes, such as finance transformation programmes, Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable management, budgeting and forecasting, P&L review and KPI Development.
Being responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients.
- Monthly management accounting - actuals, budgets and rolling forecasts
- Financial accounting - preparing financial statements under applicable Reporting Standards
- Accounts Payable/Receivable management
- Preparation, reconciliation and presentation of balance sheet reviews to senior stakeholders
- Collaborating with the client delivery teams in tasks and activities that span across operational project tracking and financial reporting
- Manage and coach our trainee accountants/ finance assistants in their roles in delivery
Qualifications & Experience
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA part qualified (or equivalent, e.g. Accounting Technician)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to produce quality financial work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proficient in the use of computerised/cloud accounting systems and Microsoft Office applications incl. Excel (essential)
- Experience in documenting and/or testing financial processes (desirable)
- Experience in SAP S/4HANA, Oracle Cloud or Navision (desirable)
- A strong accounting background
- Good analytical skills, commercial aptitude and professionally sceptical mindset (ability to identify issues, understand complex problems, draw sound conclusions)
- A strong desire to learn, a willingness to share knowledge and a strong team ethic
- The ability to coach and develop others
- Enthusiastic, diligent and energetic with a flexible approach in a rapidly changing environment
- A proven track record of providing exceptional service and establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- The ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines
These roles are based in the Belfast office with the ability to flex some time to work at home (up to 60% of the time) and will require some travel from time to time to help support our client base.
What's in it for you?
In addition to the client work and training, employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment:
- Dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- A flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit your (and your family's) needs
- Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by the employer
What do I do next?
To speak in confidence about this opportunity, please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Ben Cargin, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group 028 9693 5513??
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current and exclusive roles www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs