MCS Group are partnering with one of Belfast's most prestigious businesses as they seek to recruit a Management Accountant to join the team for a 14 month period.
Our client are one of the most respected and recognised employers in the city and a driving force in helping to position Belfast as a location of choice for professional firms. The business is a global professional service provider with a global finance "centre of excellence" based right here in the city and now incorporating a staff team of over 400 people. Combining a corporate environment with a culture that encourages creativity and openness, it's no surprise that every role in this organisation is so sought after.
The Management Accountant role is available on a maternity cover and sits within the team in Belfast. The team in provides services to a global network of offices; covering management and financial accounting & reporting, revenue control (including eBilling), credit control, accounts payable and tax. Offices currently served by this role include South Africa, the Netherlands and Israel.
There is a strong client service ethic and we work to Service Level Agreements, targets and deadlines to deliver in line with client expectations.
The core of the Management Accountant job is a hands-on processing role and journal postings and handling transactions will forge a large portion of this role. Additional responsibilities include:
- Responsible for internal reporting in an efficient manner which is accurate and timely
- Assist the Finance Manager appraise the work of the management accounting team, developing practical solutions to improve the service provided and release resource in order to undertake value added activities
- Help ensure that accounting processes and internal controls follow best practice and are continually improved
- Help develop stakeholder communications that are tailored to the audience, communicating complex issues clearly and credibly in particular with senior stakeholders
- Assist the Finance Manager to ensure the team is continually developing their technical financial accounting knowledge and challenging the status quo in the way in which their work is produced
- Support the Finance Manager in planning, managing and executing the annual financial audit process, ensuring that all information requested by external auditors is produced accurately and in a timely manner
- Support the Finance Manager in planning, managing and executing the annual budgetary process. Leading the Management Accounting team to ensure financial data is accurately captured
- Become a trusted advisor to Budget holders (typically operational teams), business managers (finance representatives in the fee earning groups) and key members of other Finance teams, having the ability to present technical information in a way that is easily understood by a non-specialist audience.
This role is ideally suited to a recently or nearly qualified individual who is seeking to break into the global finance function of a large professional organisation. You should have experience working in a commercial environment and be comfortable handling large volumes of transactions.
What's on offer
The successful candidate can expect a basic salary in line with market expectations alongside a suite of corporate benefits and, perhaps most importantly, they will have the opportunity to break into a world-class finance function where further opportunities may develop.
For more information or to apply, contact Phil Clarke at MCs Group on 02890235456 or click apply to submit your CV
Experience: 0 yrs