On Behalf of Northern Ireland Water, MCS Group is recruiting for their newly created Indirect Tax Manager position.
Our client, Northern Ireland Water, declared number 3 in NI's top 100 companies provides the water for life we all rely on to thrive, with the company vision to grow value and trust by being world class. Every aspect of life in Northern Ireland depends on NI Water's vital services which support a healthy and thriving population, a growing economy and a flourishing natural environment.
As the Indirect Tax Manager you will form an intrinsic part of this plan and play a very significant role in the delivery of the strategic objectives.
The Indirect Tax Manager will take the lead in helping the Group manager it's indirect tax compliance obligations, and will be responsible for providing sound, technically up-to-date indirect tax advice to the businesses.
Reporting to the Group Tax Manager, the Indirect Tax Manager will gain exposure to both indirect tax compliance and advisory work relating specifically to the water industry and also more generally. There will also be opportunities to gain exposure to other taxes across the Group.
- Manage the entire indirect tax function in accordance with you Group Tax Strategy and help to deliver value to key stakeholders through tax planning and provision of robust tax advice.
- Develop relationships with teams across the businesses, delivering high quality tax advice on all aspects of VAT issues, compliance, reviews and enquiries.
- Gain excellent exposure to a diverse range of indirect tax matters including environmental taxes
- Provide strategic support and advice on new and exciting initiatives being implemented across the Group
- Support any necessary accounting system tax logic changes that are necessary resulting from legislative or business change
- Manage the Group's indirect tax responsibilities and compliance obligations.
- Provision of specialist tax advice and support in respect of commercial issues and also more generally in response to queries from the businesses
- Input into the development of new policies and business strategies to ensure indirect tax compliance and reduce tax exposure
- Build and maintain tax relationships with the rest of the tax team as well as other areas of the businesses to gather appropriate tax information and provide robust tax advice.
- Plan and lead on tax specific project/ advisory work as and when required
- Remain technically up to date researching and understanding tax legislation and interpreting how it applies to the group
- Develop VAT and MTD strategy and compliance, including documentation and implementation of VAT compliance processes to provide continuous support and improvement on indirect tax compliance for the Group
- Monitor and develop processes with regard to indirect tax verifications for corporate criminal offence legislation
Successfully completed Chartered Tax Adviser 'CTA' Tax Qualification (member of Chartered institute of Taxation), with a minimum 2 years' post- qualification experience specialising predominantly in VAT.
Strong tax technical skills including expertise in VAT.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel in a finance environment.
- This Level 4 role offers a competitive remuneration package on a salary scale of £38,726 to £47,331
- A very generous pension contribution,
- RPDM payment
- Occupational sick pay
- Employee assistance programmes
- Generous leave entitlement
How to apply
Your submission to this advert will be taken as an expression of interest, you will then receive a Candidate Briefing Pack, which will explain how to complete your full application.
Applications should be by 5pm on Friday the 2nd of April 2021. Candidates are required to provide a covering letter explaining why they feel they would be a good candidate for the role and provide a CV that demonstrates the criteria and competencies listed.
A full schedule of the Recruitment and Selection process and dates will be detailed in our Candidate Briefing Pack.
Following receipt of your application, you will receive an acknowledgement from MCS Group. Within this response, you will be required to provide consent under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you fail to provide this consent your application will not be processed further.
Please note that our client is legally obliged to confirm that the appointee is eligible to work in the UK. As of 1 January 2021, government restrictions have changed. For further information visit the Home Office website at http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk
Experience: 0 yrs