Head of Accounts Payable, Belfast, Excellent Salary
MCS Group is delighted to be working with their client in the next phase of their growth in Belfast and as such are recruiting a Head of Accounts Payable.
This appointment is a key position within the business and will focus on building this function in the Belfast office, growing out the team and ensuring a smooth transition.
Some of the key areas of responsibility are;
- Responsibility for the Accounts Payable team for the EMEA region
- Performance management to include setting objectives, providing feedback and conducting appraisals
- Timely processing and payment of supplier invoices and staff expenses claims
- Administration of the corporate card account
- Month end close processes
- Recommend and implement improvements to the systems, processes and procedures
- Ensure compliance with policy, guidelines and government reporting rules
- Oversee the BACS/CHAPS payment runs ensuring compliance with delegated authorisation and signatories
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria;
- Experience of managing large teams in an accounting environment
- Experience of stakeholder management across multiple functions and locations
- Experience of processing a high volume of invoices monthly
- Working to strict month end close deadlines
- Experience of dealing with multiple AP sub-ledgers and multicurrency transactions
- Payment platforms and banking software
- Experience of government reporting, VAT reporting and the data required to ensure accuracy
- Experience of working in a corporate/large firm
- Skilled in ERP applications such as Oracle AP, Oracle iExpenses, Oracle iProcurement, SAP or JDE
- Proficient user of Excel and reporting packages
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to build strong relations across business functions
- Able to analyse problems and provide solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Able to react to changing requirements and adjust processes and approach
- Experience in the Financial Services sector is desired.
In return the client are offering an excellent salary, tailored to attract the best candidate in the market in addition to a leading benefits package.
To speak in confidence about this opportunity please contact Nadine Savage, at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
Experience: 0 yrs