Group Accountant - Belfast
MCS Group are looking for a Group Accountant for a major international law firm based in Belfast.
Our client is a a major global law firm with over 40 offices throughout the world in over 30 countries. They are leading the way with corporate social responsibility. Due to continued growth and new project implementation this is a great time to be joining the business and developing your skillset in a centre of excellent for professional support services.
As the successful Group Accountant you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Production of weekly key financial information reports for the management team;
- Working as part of a team to deliver month-end group consolidation;
- Preparation of inter-company invoices to support cross border transactions in accordance with UK and overseas tax requirements;
- Reconciliation of critical balances, including multi-currency GL accounts for global inter-office accounts;
- Monthly accounting checks on balance sheet accounts of overseas offices that represent key risk of misstatement of financial results;
- Production of month-end reports for the Group and each practice group and office globally;
- Maintenance of month-end processes and procedures to ensure smooth and timely operation;
- On-going preparation of inter-company settlements, and reconciliation of inter-company accounts;
- Assistance in the group financial year consolidation and close, including production of annual financial accounts for UK subsidiaries and preparation of group schedules for audit;
- Analytical review of monthly office results to understand trends, significant transactions and identify errors;
- Assist with annual budget process at the consolidation level;
- Day to day maintenance of budget and forecasting applications;
- Review and development of processes for increased efficiencies and value added tasks for the team and wider finance function.
The successful Group Accountant will have the following characteristics:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA;
- 2 years post qualified experience.
The successful Group Accountant will receive the following:
- Market leading remuneration package + extensive benefits;
- 23 days holiday + 10 stats;
- Flexible working options;
- You will be joining a warm, friendly, state of the art environment.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Adam Macklin, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Experience: 0 yrs