Fund Accountant, Belfast City
MCS Group has an opportunity for a Fund Accountant to join a Financial Services firm in the City.
My client is a prestigious and respected firm in their industry, Pension Funds, and due to continued growth have a requirement for a Fund Accountant to join the Belfast team. This is an exciting time for the business and will provide the suitable candidate a platform to forge out a career in this sector.
The company welcome conversations with Qualified, Part-Qualified or those qualified by experience and will provide the necessary training and development tailored to the level of the candidate appointed.
- Preparing pension scheme Trustee Report & Accounts.
- Reconciling investment transactions.
- Preparing all the necessary working papers & reconciliations of the financial statements.
- Liaising with auditors and investment managers.
- Preparing self-assessment tax returns (SA970).
- Providing assistance with cash books and pensioner payrolls.
- Ensuring company policies and working procedures are implemented and adhered to by self.
- Forging strong working relationships with other teams in order to provide a total service to our clients. E.g. Administration, Payroll, Client Banking, Actuaries.
- Ensuring the accurate updating of time recording system (Virtual Office) for both chargeable and non-chargeable activities.
- Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), those qualified by experience will also be considered.
- Proven accounting background gained within either an accounting practice or a third party pension's provider. Experience should include a broad knowledge of accounting techniques including reconciliation, year-end processes etc.
- Previous Pensions Fund Accounting (PFA) experience would be desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience of Profund Aviary an advantage.
- Previous experience of checking work of other team members.
In return the client is offering an excellent salary and benefits package in reflection of experience and qualification level.
For further details on this position, or any other Senior Finance job, please contact Nadine Savage on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs