MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a Financial Controls Accountant in Belfast.
This is a good time to be joining the business having recently increased operations across NI. Our client is a leading wholesaler into retail, food & the SME Market with a wealth of experience & knowledge to continue to innovate.
Financial Controls Accountant
You will ultimately protect company resources (cash, stock etc.) by achieving full compliance with all standard operating procedures (SOP) and other external/regulatory/legal compliance requirements and to provide assurance to the board that appropriate key internal controls are in place across the group's operations.
This will ideally suit a Part Qualified Accountant looking a first time move to Industry with good Audit and internal controls experience.
Reporting to the Internal Control Manager your responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist in the development, management and reporting of a plan for continued standard operating procedures
- Ownership for the on-going review and updating of SOPs in line with changes to business processes
- Develop and implement appropriate audit processes to ensure our client are fully compliant with both internal and external compliance requirements including SOPs, legal, regulatory and group policies
- Preparation, co-ordination and execution of audits across the business in accordance with the agreed audit plan
- Correspond all reporting issues arising during audit work with full corrective plans developed and put in place
- Co-ordination and management of the reporting of issues arising including ensuring timely and appropriate responses from management
- Drive the implementation of specific control improvements required to achieve full compliance
- Review, monitor and report results of self-certification checklists versus audit results
- Assist the Internal Control Manager in the preparation of reports as required for periodic management and board meetings
- Work with HR and Operations to ensure store colleagues are fully trained in all areas of compliance and accurate, up to date records are maintained
- Work with the Company Owned Operations Management Team and the Company Owned Finance Business Partner to ensure delivery of the Company Owned back office KPIs e.g. cash overs/shorts, payroll, waste, reduced to clear, shrink etc
- Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- At least 2 years' internal audit or internal control experience
- Logical, thorough and tenacious in approach to work with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to analyse and report on large volumes of data in a concise and timely manner
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Sara Mitchelll, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs