MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a Finance Assistant for our modern Belfast based client.
Due to continued growth and recent market acquisitions this is a great time to be joining the business who are a provider of corporate and accounting services for European clients.
Based in a modern supportive environment we have a great opportunity for a finance assistant to join during this exciting phase.
You will perform timely and accurate finance transactions Responsible for maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers for a portfolio of companies, ensuring payments and receipts are processed within required deadlines.
Reporting into a Company Accountant your responsibilities are as follows:
- Monitor when payments are due for each company in the portfolio
- Ensure payments are appropriately authorised in line with operating manuals
- Input payments onto banking system and complete payments checklists
- Bookkeep payments on purchase ledger
- Monitor receipt of income and bookkeep on sales ledger
- Perform daily bank recs for the portfolio
- Raise purchase orders as instructed by client
- Introduce efficiencies into the process
- Experience within a purchase ledger or busy finance function preferred
- Knowledge of bookkeeping
- Good written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Methodical organised approach
- Competent in Microsoft office
- Ability to work as part of a team
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs