MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a Finance Assistant on a 12-month FTC for a highly successful business based in Belfast.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain unparalleled exposure in one Northern Ireland's strongest FMCG business is whilst being upskilled by a supportive team. This position is brand new due to Brexit where there could be a permanent outcome.
Job: Finance Assistant
The successful candidate will assist in the maintenance of all aspects of the source AR, AP and Bank Ledgers whilst supporting the finance team with month end management accounts. This would be ideally suited for a graduate with 1-2 years' experience.
Reporting into the company accountant your responsibilities include the following:
- Posting of AR, AP and bank transactions onto ledger, including raising customer sales invoices, posting supplier invoices and preparing payment runs;
- Raising of third party and intercompany purchase orders;
- Matching of purchase orders to supplier invoices, including dealing with queries on quantity/price differences;
- Ensuring payment terms are managed, for both suppliers and customers and escalating exceptions where necessary;
- Supporting the wider team in the preparation of weekly/monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including debtors, creditors, accruals, prepayments, highlighting overdue/queried balances;
- Supporting the Accountant and Assistant Accountant in monitoring costs vs budget, and investigating reasons for variances;
- Running reports of raw data and preparing data into journal format including posting to GL;
- Support management in a variety of information requirements.
- Liaise with the other divisional finance teams as appropriate; and
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
What we are looking to see in candidates:
- Qualified at a minimum level to one of the following.
- Degree qualified to at least 2:1 Honours level in finance, business, accounting, or other analytical degree; or
- At least 1-2 years recent experience in a relevant finance environment
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Stephen Turkington, Manager at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs