MCS Group has exclusively partnered with a leading consultancy firm to source a qualified accountant in line with the growth plans for their Belfast based office.
This unique opportunity will provide a qualified accountant with rare exposure to the investment management sector. The accountant will be trusted with their own portfolio of fund management companies, primarily providing monthly management accounts and annual financial statements. Due to the nature of this sector, the role will diversify the successful candidate's skill-set into FCA regulatory reporting & prudential management.
This full scope accounting firm specialises in the provision of accounting, tax, regulatory reporting and advisory services to UK regulated and hosted entities including hedge fund, private equity, real estate managers, corporate finance businesses and broker-dealers.
- Monthly management accounts - for a number of UK clients forming part of the team's portfolio
- VAT returns - including preparation and lodgement on behalf of clients
- Annual financial statements - drafted to comply with UK GAAP / IFRS
- Year-end audit files - prepared to support clients audit process
- Either recently qualified (ACA/ACCA), or finalists who are close to completion of a recognised professional accounting qualification
- Looking to move into a growing, financial services-focused practice
- A superior level of functional excel knowledge; build robust schedules & models
- Solid accounting fundamentals such as revenue recognition; accruals & prepayments; fixed assets; foreign currency; LLPs
- Experience with monthly reconciliations & routines; trial balance; management accounts; quarterly VAT returns, annual adjustments and partial exemption; annual financial statements; year-end audit files
The role offers an exciting opportunity to become part of a leading team in this specialist sector, and a trusted advisor to fund managers. You will build on your accounting qualification and experience by developing a detailed understanding of:
- the Hedge Fund and Private Equity, Real Estate, Corporate Finance and Securities Broking sectors; managing regulatory capital levels and prudential risk in such firms; FCA regulatory reporting
The highly competitive remuneration package will include;
- Market leading base salary
- Competitive annual bonus
- 26 days annual leave, plus 12 statutory/ public holidays
- Private medical care
- Remote working opportunities
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Sara Mitchell, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit our website to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us for more information 028 96 935 521 .
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs