MCS Group have exclusively partnered with a global fund management company to source a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager in line with the expansion of their Belfast office.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to become part of a leading team in this specialist sector, and to continue your professional journey towards becoming a trusted advisor to owner-managed and international clients.
This full scope accounting firm specialises in the provision of accounting, tax, regulatory reporting and advisory services to UK regulated and hosted entities including hedge fund, private equity, real estate managers, corporate finance businesses and broker-dealers.
The Tax Division operates in London and Belfast, providing corporate and private client tax services, primarily to the Hedge Fund sector but also to investment trust companies and real estate SPVs.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients comprising London, Hong Kong, Luxembourg and US based hedge funds managers, real estate investment companies and investment trust companies to provide highly technical corporate tax compliance services.
Given the specialist technical skill-set required for this position, our client are seeking strong corporate tax compliance (ACA/CTA) candidate who can demonstrate the appetite and initiative to upskill.
- Preparing and submitting corporate tax returns and supporting computations
- Researching tax issues and new legislation in response to questions raised by clients and providing, following appropriate internal review, verbal and/or written advice
- Meetings with clients regarding tax compliance and general tax queries.
- Spotting tax planning opportunities or additional tax obligations
- Keeping up to date with changes in tax legislation and sharing knowledge by reading tax literature and attending CPD courses.
- Contribute to increase the teams brand awareness through marketing and eventually leading on client meetings and pitching for new business
- Fully qualified as a Chartered Accountant or Chartered Tax Advisor
- Able to deliver 1st class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Keen to research unfamiliar tax matters and tax developments
- Competitive base salary
- 26 days annual leave plus 12 statutory
- Competitive pension
- Private medical
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
The appointment of the successful candidate is central to this expansion. As the department grows, you will grow with it with opportunity for promotion.
A friendly working environment I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Sara Mitchell, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit our website to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 02896 935 521.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs