MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a Credit Controller for a leading professional services firm in the heart of Belfast city centre.
Due to continued growth across markets our client have a rare opening for a credit controller to join their smooth-running function. Our client has a massive global reach and through a wide range of benefits and dynamic culture employee engage
Job: Credit Control
We're looking for an individual to join the small Belfast based Collections team in making a significant contribution to our receivables working capital performance ambitions.
An enthusiastic and aspiring individual, you'll enjoy working as part of a team whilst building relationships with clients and internal stakeholders. A confident communicator, you'll know how to actively listen, interpret situations and use your influencing skills to help you achieve optimal results.
Reporting to the Credit Control Manager your responsibilities are as follows:
- Contact clients to secure payment of outstanding fees using the most effective and efficient methods
- Work with your team to achieve set targets and KPI's
- Accurately record every action taken on the collections system
- Identify queries / payment obstacles promptly and work with the relevant internal stakeholders to expedite resolution
- Contribute to the preparation of key reports such as bad debt provisioning, query analysis, etc.
- Work collaboratively with other divisions to support the timely and accurate allocation of client receipts
- Work collaboratively with client facing Partners, staff and wider finance team to maximise efficiency and develop preventative strategies to maximise cash collection and drive down DSO (debtor days)
- Contribute to relevant project work streams and initiatives aimed at working capital improvement
- Complete all necessary risk and compliance training and ensure strict adherence to the firm's risk and quality standards
- Assume responsibility for your ongoing development - proactively identify opportunities and draw on available learning resources
Key Requirements for this role are as follows:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a credit control function or relationship management in Financial Services
- Excellent communication skills and confident in interaction with others. Professional yet firm in their approach to collecting cash
- Delivers tasks in a professional and organised way with limited supervision and responsive to immediate priorities.
- Active team member who supports and engages with others and works effectively in a team
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- CICIM membership desirable
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Stephen Turkington, Senior Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs