MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a Senior Credit Controller for a global firm based in Belfast city centre.
Due to continued growth and new project implementation this is a great time to be joining the business and developing your skill-set in a centre of excellent for professional support services.
Senior Credit Control
You will be responsible to lead and develop the Credit Control team. To assist the manager and deputise for them as and when required. To maintain the credit and risk profile of the firm in accordance with the firms polices. To manage the firm's accounts receivable balances and collections in line with set targets. To proactively resolve issues and provide information and advice to internal clients in a timely manner.
Reporting to the Credit Manager your responsibilities are as follows:
- Managing the exposure of the global firm through alerts, information providers, financial news and by detailed monitoring of changes in key financial data on a client from an interactive data provider and communicating same to other key personnel.
- Debt management of a selection of key clients on a global basis including regular relationship liaison via telephone and email with external and internal clients.
- Debt management of the European offices serviced by Belfast, including regular liaison via telephone and email with the Heads of Finance & Working Capital Managers. This is to include detailed discussion on the impact of debt on the profitability and the bad debt provisioning process.
- Distribution of Month end reports and statistics for the European Offices.
- Comprehensive Credit Management knowledge, delivering a high standard of technical advice to the firm
- Overarching responsibility for ensuring credit checks conducted for new clients on a global basis
- Monitoring of clients highlighted in debt exposure reports
- Ongoing continuous professional development in the field of Credit Management
- Share knowledge of articles of interest with the team
- Awareness of current financial affairs on a general level and in relation to our key clients
- Manage the insolvency of clients to include global filings and correspondence with administrators
- Daily workload of European Credit Controllers
- Supervision of the Credit team daily to include, holidays, lunch rotas and time off in lieu
- Responsible for the allocation of work and delegating ad hoc tasks to meet client needs
- Providing guidance and support to credit controllers on all matters and in the event of commencing legal
Key Requirements for this role are as follows:
- Excellent communication skills and confident in interaction with others. Professional yet firm in their approach to collecting cash
- Delivers tasks in a professional and organised way with limited supervision and responsive to immediate priorities.
- Commitment to providing professional, responsive and effective service. Gains respect and credibility quickly
- Currently working towards/ intention to study for the CICM qualification
- Active team member who supports and engages with others and works effectively in a team
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs