MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a Credit Controller for a leading Belfast SME.
Our client specialises in FMCG and has grown at a rapid rate over the last 5 years. Working out of a modern environment we're forecasting sales around the £5million mark this year and as a result need an efficient credit controller to maintain and develop the company cash flow.
You will be proactive in your approach to credit control and minimising exposure to bad debts, whilst maintaining high levels of customer care in dealing with queried issues. This position will be integral to providing up to date credit information to management to assist them in making well informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
Reporting to the Financial Controller your responsibilities are as follows:
- Assessing the financial risk of new customers to the company
- Following a collections process in accordance with specific timeframes, which involves communicating to customers via telephone to progress invoice payment
- Resolve queries both internally and externally regarding outstanding invoices
- Monitoring of customers highlighted in debt exposure reports
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting systems
- Provide weekly debt information
- Assisting with bank reconciliations
- Ad-hoc duties such assisting in the purchase ledger
Key Requirements for this role are as follows:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a credit control function
- Excellent communication skills and confident in interaction with others.
- Commitment to providing professional, responsive and effective service. Gains respect and credibility quickly
- Active team member who supports and engages with others and works effectively in a team
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs