MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a Credit Controller for a global firm based in Belfast city centre.
Due to continued growth and new project implementation this is a great time to be joining the business and developing your skill set in a centre of excellent for professional support services.
Working hours: 08:00am - 16:30pm
The Credit Control team manages and controls the firm's accounts receivable asset. You will be proactive in your approach to cash collection and minimising exposure to bad debts, whilst maintaining high levels of Client care in dealing with queried issues to ensure that payment of our fees is received promptly.
Reporting to the Credit Control Manager your responsibilities are as follows:
- Assessing the financial risk of new clients globally to the firm
- Monitoring of changes in key financial data on a client from an interactive data provider and communicating same to other key personnel
- Following a collections process in accordance with specific timeframes, which involves communicating to Clients via email but mainly via the telephone to progress invoice payment.
- Proactive contact with Fee earners and Revenue team by telephone and email, in the pursuit of resolving any problems/invoice queries as quickly as possible. Responding to emails within SLAs
- Monitoring of clients highlighted in debt exposure reports
- The management of the Bad debt provision of practice groups / key clients to minimise its impact on the firms profit
- Preparation of reports on Practice Group/Partner/Client payment performance and take part in meetings to discuss and provide case history as well as recovery recommendations
- Occasionally preparing accounts for legal action and liaising with debt recovery agents
- Complete Client audit requests within SLA
Key Requirements for this role are as follows:
- A minimum of 1 years' experience in a credit control function or relationship management in Financial Services
- Excellent communication skills and confident in interaction with others. Professional yet firm in their approach to collecting cash
- Delivers tasks in a professional and organised way with limited supervision and responsive to immediate priorities.
- Commitment to providing professional, responsive and effective service. Gains respect and credibility quickly
- Active team member who supports and engages with others and works effectively in a team
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs