MCS Group are representing an international professionals services firm, who are renowned for the approach to flexible working and employee wellbeing, as they build out their highly technical corporate tax team in Belfast and have an opportunity for a Manager or Senior Manager to join the team.
Whilst this position will be part of the UK team, there is the option for the role to taken on a remote working basis for the majority of the year with a small degree of office-based work in Belfast.
This firm leads the way on 'flexible working' in the form or working from home on a frequent basis and autonomy when choosing your working hours. This is an exciting time for the firm as the tax team has consistently seen their tax business grow. Their extensive benefits package has been benchmarked and tailored to attract the strongest candidates in the market.
As the team operate as a UK wide function, this offers the successful accountant the opportunity to either specialise in one sector, such as investments, or broaden their exposure to clients outside that of NI market, including private equity firms.
As the tax manager or senior manager, you will work alongside senior management, to oversee a range of compliance and advisory services for a broad range of clients, including:
- Liaising with clients to plan and scope services
- Provide a final review and submission of corporate tax returns
- Support clients in managing their tax risks
- Have a high degree of client contact, spotting new opportunities, and monitoring your teams workload
- Due to the team operating on a national scale, you will gain exposure to multinational corporates to mid-tier clients in a range of sectors. For anyone wanting to specialise in a particular sector, such as financial services, our client can provide the ideal platform to develop your skills in new area.
- You can be either ACA or CTA qualified
- Strong UK corporate tax skills
UK GAAP and IFRS tax accounting experience
- Ability to establish, build and maintain a good working relationship with key decision makers
- Ability to help manage and build new business through referrals, networking and spotting client opportunities
- Be an effective delegator and strong coach for junior staff.
- Option for nearly fully remote working on an ongoing basis, with a rare need to be in the office on a frequent basis if preferable
- Option for office based working in state of the art newly develop office space with over a 3rd dedicated to employee well-being, including an onsite GP and yoga studios
- Enjoy working with true leaders in flexible working, who's main priority is deliverables over hours worked and provide a great degree of autonomy when choosing your working hours
- Work with a huge scope of different businesses and have the option to specialise in a certain sector, with market leading training available
- Private medical
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Personal accident cover
- Enhanced parental leave
- 25 days annual leave plus 12 stats and the option to purchase more
- Options to enhance to include childcare vouchers and dental insurance
- Ability to take a career break
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Sara Mitchell, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit our website to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us for more information 028 96 935 521.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs