MCS Group is delighted to be sourcing a Capital Accountant on behalf of a prestigious University based in South Belfast.
Purpose of the Role:
The successful candidate will support the University's Capital Accountant in all of their duties, with a particular focus on meeting the business case, reporting and monitoring arrangements required to support the development of Belfast Regional City Deal (BRCD) projects and other capital projects funded by DfE capital grant funding.
There will be a particular focus on the refinement of business cases following review, providing periodic monitoring reports to DfE and the completion of Post Project Evaluations following project completion
Key Duties include:
- The updating of economic appraisals, including those for the BRCD, to Government 'Green Book' standards in accordance with the requirements of major external capital grant funders and review by Department economists.
- Play a key role in delivering accounting and reporting arrangements for projects funded from capital grants, ensuring the requirements of external funders are met. This will include the provision of project life profiles, the submission of monthly grant claims together with the production of quarterly, annual and final reports together with Post Project Evaluations (PPEs).
- Assist fully in the development of capital reporting arrangements as required. In particular to assist with developing a fully tested suite of reports to inform both internal and external reporting.
- Assist as required with the implementation and management of the Belfast Regional City Deal.
- Assisting with the financial management of the University's extensive 5 year Capital Development Plan, to include the provision of a suite of dynamic financial management reports to the University's Capital Projects Group on a regular basis.
- Assisting with the monthly, quarterly and annual capital accounting procedures. This will include monitoring of expenditure together with variance analysis, monitoring and management of capital receipts against agreed timescales from external funders together with processes to inform statutory reporting.
- Assisting with developing detailed annual budgets at Directorate for the estates Directorate on a "total economy basis" and ensure that these are regularly reviewed and updated.
- Assisting with preparing accurate in-year estimates which are representative of trends within Estates.
- To assist with monitoring monthly performance against budget and provide analysis and commentary on Professional Directorate performance highlighting positive and negative trends on a quarterly basis to predefined deadlines.
- Assist the production of the University's monthly management accounts and development of timely and accurate corporate information including production of the University's Financial Forecasts (5 year financial strategy) and Estimates (current and one year ahead) and Corporate Financial Report (in year).
- Provide financial data to support the work of relevant University Capital Committees and Working Groups within the University e.g. Capital Projects Group, Project Steering Groups and Working Groups.
- Any other duties as may be required by the Capital and Costing Section and the Director of Finance.
- Educated to a degree level (or equivalent) with professional qualification in accountancy (CCAB or equivalent).
- At least 3 years' post qualification experience in an accounting environment, particularly working with capital projects.
- Practical and demonstrable experience in the preparation of economic appraisals and the application of spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of the work practices and professional guidelines relevant to capital accounting, preferably in the HE sector.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Immediate requirement to cover Maternity Leave. Working from home.
Salary - £35 - 40K
Fully Qualified Accountant preferable but not essential.
What do I do next?
If the above sounds like you, then get in touch with Clare Simpson at MCS Group to discuss in more detail or submit your CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit the MCS website to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs