MCS Group are proud to be working with a forward-thinking accountancy firm in Belfast to source a Bookkeeper / Payroll Clerk to join their team, offering a long-term stable role in a friendly work environment.
This small accountancy practice has been established for almost a decade and is led by a senior team from a variety of backgrounds offering a diverse skillset and support structure for new staff. The firm's movement toward a more Cloud-based system has streamlined their processes and increased service delivery, allowing staff to be more productive with their time. As a result, almost half of their client work has grown organically via referrals. The firm offers an organised yet flexible work environment that allows staff to balance both their busy work and personal lives.
- You will be responsible for providing bookkeeping services to clients, including: preparing accounts to trial balance, purchase ledger, sales ledger, bank reconciliations, invoices, and VAT returns.
- You will manage your own portfolio of payroll clients, with the majority of which being monthly payrolls.
- You will gain exposure to a diverse portfolio of clients from various sectors, such as: property, construction, legal, and design.
- You will liaise with clients throughout the process to provide information and assistance.
- You must have relevant experience as a bookkeeper or accounting technician within a busy financial organisation.
- You will ideally have experience working in an accountancy firm but strong candidates from industry may also be considered.
- An Accounting Technician qualification is ideal but not essential.
- You will be an organised self-starter who can work to strict deadlines.
- You will have strong IT skills along with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Long-term stable role with warm and friendly team environment.
- Belfast city centre, close to public transport.
- Varied workload and client base.
- Study support for Accounting Technician qualification. if needed.
- 4-day week option available
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Caroline Gaughan, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit our website to view a wide selection of our current jobs.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs