MCS Group are working exclusively in partnership with the NI Audit Office to recruit for the next generation of auditors on a permanent basis.
NI Audit Office (NIAO) have a pivotal role in helping build a modern, high performing public service that is accountable to tax payers and citizens, they have an exciting and challenging strategic plan in place for delivery. It is a forward-thinking organisation who are developing a new era of skilled professionals.
NIAO aims to inspire confidence in public services through independent scrutiny based on impartial and innovative reporting - Making Sure Public Money is Spent Properly.
These roles offer an exciting variety of work across public sector organisations and an environment in which you can develop a broad range of professional skills to equip you for your future career.
As an Auditor for the NI Audit Office you will be responsible for:-
- Planning and shaping your audits in line with professional standards
- Working with clients, advising on accounting and auditing to add value to the organisation and identifying improvements and efficiencies.
- Providing sound recommendations and drafting reports clearly and concisely
- Developing and maintaining sound working knowledge of audited bodies and understanding how your client works.
- Representing NIAO as an audited body at audit committees.
- Building relationships with audited bodies and fostering confidence and creating a positive image of NIAO
The Candidate Requirements
- Fully qualified accountant and a member of either
- Must have 2 year's experience, gained since 2014 in the preparation or audit of financial statements or the production of published reports
- A full driving license (or equivalent) and access to a car or a form of transport that meets the needs of the post in full
- A passion for investigation and how to solve problems
- Strong motivation and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Highly Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free car parking
- Attractive holiday and benefits package
- NI Civil Service pension
This is an excellent opportunity to enter a well-established organisation that is proactively developing an exciting new culture for the future of public services in Northern Ireland.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Beth Wylie, Specialist Public Sector and Not for profit Consultant at MCS Group and send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs