MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting an Accountant on a 12-month FTC for our client based in Belfast.
This is an exciting time to be joining the business who are key players in Manufacturing Capital Equipment. You will play a vital role in the company's growth phase and work in a tight knit team with excellent study support opportunities for those ambitious candidates.
- Preparation, analysis and review of month end activities including general ledger, inventory, sales margin analysis, intercompany reconciliation, etc.
- Assist Manager in Trial Balance Reviews at month end
- Perform & Review Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Participate in month end closing meetings
- Participate in and prepare for meetings with our customers and other Shared Services teams
- Perform all activities to a high standard and in compliance with Internal and Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Promote a customer relationship-oriented culture within the SSC
- Identify and support process improvement opportunities
- Provide a first-class service to our customers, in alignment with Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Support GA SSC with other adhoc activities
- A degree in a relevant discipline (Finance or Accounting), or equivalent professional certification status or level of experience
- Relevant experience working in a Finance/Accounting Environment, which should include some or all the following -
- Preparing and posting Journal entries - accruals, prepayments, invoice allocations, inventory movements and provisions, Fixed assets and depreciation
- Balance sheet reconciliations including preparation of supporting documentation
- Cash book posting and reconciling bank accounts
- Working in a customer facing team, responding to queries in a timely manner
- Preparing, maintaining and following process documents in line with controls requirements
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
- Experience of working in a Shared Services Environment
- Proficient knowledge of SAP and other ERP systems
- Working towards a qualification with one of the recognised UK/Ireland Accounting Bodies (i.e. CIMA, ACCA, ICAI or ICAEW)
- Practical experience of Accounting in a Manufacturing Company
Please include details of the finance roles in which you have practical experience, in your application
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Eve Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs