MCS Group is urgently seeking an Assistant Accountant on behalf of a key client based in Belfast.
Immediate start. Competitive salary & excellent experience on offer for the successful candidate.
Reporting directly to the Management Accountant you will:
- Assist in the preparation and reporting of monthly management accounts
- Report on sales and profitability with supporting analysis;
- Report on cost of sales variances with supporting analysis;
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of promotional spend;
- Lead in the preparation and reporting of production and/or general overhead expenditure against budget variances including applicable explanatory commentary and presentation to FCs & budget holders;
- Management and submission of applicable HMRC and other statutory returns;
- Support the Accountant and FC on annual budget preparation and statutory audit, including dealing with queries/preparing reports;
- Support management in a variety of information requirements;
- Liaise with the other division finance teams as appropriate; and
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
The post holder will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and key skills/competencies, they should be qualified at a minimum level to one of the following;
- IATI qualified and with at least one year's finance experience in a relevant finance environment; or
- Degree qualified to at least 2:1 Honours level in finance, business, accounting, or other analytical degree and have commenced their qualifications for ACCA (Skills Level) or CIMA (Operational Level) and with at least one year's finance experience in a relevant finance environment;
- At least three years finance experience working in a relevant finance environment.
Experience required for this role is linked to qualifications, the post holder must be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- At least 1 years relevant experience in a finance environment (if they have IATI or 2:1 Honours degree level qualification in aforementioned area); or
- Three years or more relevant experience in a finance environment.
Management accounts experience is preferred, but not essential if the holder has appropriate other experience.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity call Clare Simpson, Financial Contracts Consultant on 02890 235456 or send your CV to the link provided.
If this role is not right for you we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs.
All conversations will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs