MCS Group is delighted to supporting a key client recruit for a Part Qualified Accountant or a Fully Qualified Accounts Technician on a Temporary to Permanent basis.
9 months temporary assignment with view to a permanent role for the successful candidate.
The Accounts Technician will assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts and to oversee the process for grant funded programme claims from submission to payment. The successful candidate will also contribute to the development and improvement of financial systems and processes in line with the organisation's finance strategy.
The role will require you to work in the organisation's head office (Belfast) 3 days a week and the remaining 2 days will be remote working or travelling to other sites across Belfast.
The key duties will include:
- Assist the Finance team with the production of monthly group management accounts in line with the month end reporting timetable, including financial support to the nominated budget holders.
- Analyse and resolve financial queries raised by budget managers/holders for area of remit.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the completion of all balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with defined procedures and best accounting practice.
- Work with Programme Managers to prepare and submit claims to funding bodies ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Monthly reconciliation of the organisation bank accounts.
- Participate in quarterly stock takes and assist with the collation of financial information across all sites.
- Review of nominal ledger to ensure accuracy of postings in line with agreed processes and procedures.
- Provide support with the monthly payroll process including collation of time sheets across all sites.
- Maintain and update the organisation's fixed asset register in line with audit requirements.
- Maintain the purchase ledger and prepare regular supplier payment runs in line with creditor balance sheet reconciliation.
- Maintain the sales ledger and review aged debtor reports.
- Assist with credit control as and when required.
- Contribute to the annual external audit process.
- Assist the review and development of internal financial control processes.
- Support and maintain an effective central purchase ordering system for the organisation.
- Support the Finance team with adhoc analysis and financial reviews as and when required.
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in a finance role.
- Experience of operating a computerised accounts package (example Sage Line 50)
- Excellent self-management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines/targets.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Effective communication both verbally and in writing and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to evolving needs of the business.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Experience in collating and submitting grant funded programme claims.
- A full current driving licence and access to a car. Consideration will be given to alternative travelling proposals in respect of applicants with a disability who cannot hold a licence.
- Foundation level qualification with a recognised UK accountancy body (eg ICAI/ACCA/CIMA) or Full IATI/AAT qualification.
- Experience of using Sage 50 software package.
- Experience of using a payroll system.
Competitive salary & benefits on offer
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Clare Simpson, Temporary & Interim Finance Recruiter at MCS Group on 028 96935499 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456 .
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs