MCS Group are delighted to be recruiting an Accounts Payable Specialist for a public sector body based in East Belfast on a 12-month contract with possible extension.
Whilst receiving a competitive remuneration package, you will have free parking on-site working within premium grade offices in a supportive network of staff.
Your New Role:
- Check, query and accurately input invoice information onto a Purchase to Pay system, for reconciliation; also input manual journals onto the Finance accounting system, as required by Book-keeping team manager
- Respond promptly to email, telephone and face to face queries regarding invoice and payment queries; demonstrate excellent customer service skills, particularly when liaising with external suppliers
- Maintain a database of approvers and approver limits, processing additions, amendments and deletions as necessary
- Prepare and check information for a weekly payment run, ensuring all information has been entered accurately, and valid sign-off is retained for each payment
- Maintain an accurate filing system for both physical and electronic documents to ensure financial records are retained in line with industry standards, and easily accessible for audit purposes.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have previous experience working in a busy Accounts Payable role, using an electronic accounts payable system
- Have attained GCSE Grades A - C in Maths and English Language.
- A basic understanding of Microsoft packages, particularly Microsoft excel.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Eve Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs