MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting an accounts assistant for our client based on the outskirts of Belfast.
This is an exciting time to be joining the business who specialise in the leisure service sector. With a fantastic year on year growth this SME offers a motivated account assistant the exciting opportunity to progress their career in a PLC with massive growth plans!
Job: Accounts Assistant
You will be responsible for the day to day financials and play a vital role in maintaining the smooth running of this commercial operation. You must be motivated and passionate in providing an exemplary level of service combined with a strong work ethic.
Reporting to the Financial Controller / Management Accountant your responsibilities are as follows:
- Produce weekly aged debtor and creditor analysis
- Management of the Accounts Receivable function
- Reconciliation of credit card receipts and allocation of payments received
- Supplier statement reconciliations along with ad-hoc Purchase ledger review
- Assist in month end close with the production of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations (Accounts Receivable & Purchase Ledger side)
- Preparation and submission of VAT monthly & quarterly
- Assist the Financial Controller with Working Capital Management
- Assist with year-end audit
- 2 years' experience in a similar finance function in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing an accounts receivable / credit control ledger
- Working towards a professional qualification desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in Sage desirable along with experience in Microsoft Office
- A self-motivator with high attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and able to meet deadlines
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs