MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting an accounts assistant for our Financial Services client in Belfast.
Our privately-owned client is a professional intermediary business that have grown exponentially over the last 15 years. Our client offers a fantastic working culture that truly gets the best of employees from a value piece with a strong benefits package on offer.
Job: Accounts Assistant
This role will form a key part in our clients Fund Accounts by assisting in the quality and delivery of accounting and cashflow services. We're keen to speak with candidates eager to embrace the opportunity of experiencing being part of an award-winning company.
Reporting to the fund accountant your responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist in bringing client accounts to trial balance
- Analysing the accuracy of supplier & member payments
- Accurate & timely processing of monthly bank reconciliations
- Provide bank statements and ledgers/cashflows for schemes within the required time frame
- Basic bookkeeping and general ledger responsibilities including journal posting
- Provide monthly balances or quarterly fee and VAT reconciliations for specific clients
- Liaise with the pension scheme's auditors in the production of the accounts, planning the audit timetable and answering audit queries
- Attend and effectively contribute to all relevant internal and external meetings, ensuring actions, projects deadlines are adhered to and completed
What we're looking for:
- Book-keeping and general ledger experience with a basic financial awareness of accounting procedures
- Strong knowledge of computerised systems
- Able to demonstrate experience in delivering to internal controls and deadlines
- Enthusiastic and motivated team player
- IATI / AAT qualified & industry knowledge - desirable
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs