MCS Group are excited to be working with a well known public body who are based in the centre of Belfast. They are focused on keeping our communities safer and workign with locals to develop strong relationships as well as provide support when difficulties arise.
A well-known organisation that has been dedicated to working with vulnerable members of the local community to offer support and care for their needs in difficult times. The organisation is 9 years old and is currently growing in size between the multiple departments employed. They have multiply projects currently running to assist with safety within Northern Ireland as well as to guide the legislation and procedures within the sector.
The Staff Officer Accountant role is one that will allow you to be part of an exciting team within Belfast City Centre. You will be given exposure to multiple financial functions and roles within the team while also be involved with the ever-changing environment within Northern Ireland's public sector.
The role requires someone who has been a good understanding of excel including pivot tables and v look ups as well as good communication skills as these are vital within the role.
As the Accountant you will be responsible for:-
- Public sector governance
- Preparing business cases
- Policies and procedures for finance
- Monthly budget management and analysis
- Have a good knowledge of current accounting standards and policies
- Prepare material for audit and risk committees
- Evaluate Projects
- Advice and analysis on financial delegations
- Reporting to Department of Justice
- Assist in accounts preparation
- A qualified accountant and registered with an appropriate body
- 6 month's post qualification experience and last 2 years in an accounting and finance environment
- Experience of preparation and submission of annual reports and accounts for audit
- High level of competency in excel including v look ups and pivot tables.
- Experience of public sector governance
This is an exciting opportunity for an accountant to get into the public sector and gain experience within a governance and financial area that is supporting and shaping how our local community is viewed and supported.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Beth Wylie, Specialist Public Sector and Not for profit Consultant at MCS Group and send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs