MCS Group is urgently seeking a Senior Accountant on behalf of a key client within the NI Manufacturing industry.
This position is open within the General Accounting Shared Service Centre (GA SSC) in Belfast - this is an exciting opportunity to play a key role within this new and expanding Shared Service Centre.
- Preparation, analysis and review of month end activities including general ledger, inventory, sales margin analysis, intercompany reconciliation, etc.
- Assist Manager in Trial Balance Reviews at month end
- Perform & Review Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Participate in monthend closing meetings
- Participate in and prepare for meetings with our customers and other Shared Services teams
- Perform all activities to a high standard and in compliance with Internal and Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Identify and support process improvement opportunities
- Provide a first class service to our customers, in alignment with Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- A degree in a relevant discipline (Finance or Accounting)
- Relevant experience working in a Finance/Accounting Environment
- Display understanding and practical experience of purpose and application of internal accounting controls
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proficient knowledge of SAP
- Proficient in English (written & oral)
- Experience of working in a Shared Services Environment
- Working towards a qualification with one of the recognised UK/Ireland Accounting Bodies ( i.e. CIMA, ACCA, ICAI or ICAEW)
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Practical experience of Accounting in a Manufacturing Company
Role is based in the firm's finance shared service centre on the outskirts of Belfast.
Competitive salary on offer.
Experience: 0 yrs