URGENT Accounts Assistant
Belfast City Centre
c.£23k DOE (Temp)
On behalf of our client, a non-departmental public body, McKinty Associates are seeking to recruit an experienced Accounts professional to join their busy Belfast based finance team on a contract basis.
As a member of the Finance Team, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Head of Finance in processing all financial information on the accounts system.
Key service delivery areas of the role include providing an efficient and professional finance service to staff and suppliers. The role involves interacting and communicating with staff, managers and suppliers in an effective, courteous and timely manner. The individual will work within the Finance Team to ensure that the organisation delivers against its mission, values and strategic framework in the area of responsibility.
• To assist with the production of monthly management and annual financial accounts;
• To assist with annual budget setting process and in year forecasts;
• To prepare monthly reconciliations of bank and control accounts;
• To produce timely monthly and ad hoc returns to fulfil the requirements set down by Department for the Economy (DfE) (which includes monthly cash draw down requirements), HM Revenue & Customs, Pensions branch and other external agencies;
• To ensure that all suppliers’ invoices are received, approved, correctly allocated, matched to purchase orders and entered onto the Accounts system on a timely basis;
• To process credit notes and journals promptly;
• To manage and reconcile petty cash float;
• To maintain the fixed asset register and reconcile to the Statement of Financial Position;
• To assist staff with the procurement tenders and queries;
• To check monthly payroll figures for accuracy and raise and resolve issues with HR Connect where necessary;
• To advise staff on travel and subsistence procedures, to check that claims are authorised and to process monthly expenses for staff by BACS;
• To liaise with staff and external suppliers promptly to resolve finance issues;
• To ensure all internal and financial operations comply with both DfE and internal Financial Procedures;
• To raise and report on incidents of non-compliance with financial procedures;
• To liaise with internal and external auditors;
• To promote a culture of openness and transparency in all aspects of finance;
• To provide and promote a positive perception of the organisation to all staff and stakeholders;
• To undertake any other duties as deemed necessary by the organisation as commensurate with the grade of the post.
• Part qualified Accountant with one of the six professional accounting institutes (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, AAT, CIMA or ICAI).
• Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an accounting / financial role within the last 5 years. Please note this should include a minimum of one year’s experience within a financial management / management accounts role.
• Experience of using Sage Accounting Systems to a proficient level;
• Experience of working to deadlines;
• Ability to check own work for accuracy and reasonableness before passing on for review; and
• Good general IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office or equivalent, in particular proficient use of Microsoft excel.
• Experience of using Sage 200; and
• Experience of processing monthly payroll.
This is a fantastic post with excellent terms and conditions. This offering will last c.3 months but there is a permanent vacancy at this level which will need to be resourced so there is great potential.
If you can demonstrate you meet ALL the above essential criteria and you wish to take the next step and apply for this exciting opportunity then please forward your CV to Sinead Fox-Hamilton ACA VIA CLICKING THE APPLY BUTTON or tel on 078 9485 2255 to discuss further.
Applications for this role will be considered immediately with a view to placing the right individual ASAP, so please register your interest early. Please note, the opening may close in advance of advertised closing date – this is a guideline only.