Vacancy Reference - 17936
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Staff Officer Accountant to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role 37hrs per week with an hourly rate of £10.95 , Monday to Friday and expected to last for Initially for three months with the possibility of extension.
The following duties will be required -
* Prepare Budget allocations for all cost centres and ensure budgets are profiled and uploaded
* Monthly monitoring of spend against budget, completing the monthly finance report for the Group's SMT.
* Prepare Monitoring Round returns
* Prepare monthly Outturn Forecast Outturn return.
* Monitoring Staff in Post figures and staff complements to assist with manpower planning.
* Assist with external and internal queries as required
* Other ad hoc finance returns and duties.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Have successfully passed the final professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the bodies detailed below:
* Chartered Accountants Ireland;
* The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
* The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
* The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
* The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
* The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
* The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
* Have excel skills in developing financial models
* Have at least a total of 1 year's post qualification*, experience, gained within the last 5 years, in any one of, or combination of, the following categories
* Preparing or auditing complete Annual Report and Accounts and/or Management Accounts;
* Preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and the allocation of resources including experience of producing monthly or quarterly management accounting information;
* Carrying out internal audits in the public sector or large private sector organisations.
* Post qualification experience will be deemed to have commenced from the date on which the Agency Worker was admitted to full membership of one of the professional bodies referred to at 1, having fully satisfied all the criteria for membership.
Knowledge or experience in Civil Service is desirable.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £18.00
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.