Vacancy Reference - 17429
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Staff Officer Accountant to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role 5 days each week, 37 hours and expected to last until the end of July. The following duties will be required -
* Maintain and improve the financial system and procedures for the Ulster-Scots Agency
* Monitor, control and manage income and expenditure and bank accounts.
* Prepare monthly management accounts including budgetary and variance information and statutory year end accounts to deadlines
* Liaise with Sponsor Departments, Department of Finance and the North South Ministerial Council on funding and financial matters
* Liaise with internal and external auditors
* Maintain Business Case Files
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Full membership of one of the bodies detailed below:
a. The Institute of Chartered Accountants Ireland
b. The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland
c. The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
d. The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
e. The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
* Minimum of three years experience in financial management/management accountant;
Three years Financial accounting / auditing experience within the public, private, voluntary or community sector;
* Minimum of 1 year experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity in an accounting, finance or audit environment;
* Possess experience in production or monthly management accounts using computer based accounting systems and experience in the preparation of final statutory accounts;
* Have knowledge or experience of contemporary corporate governance and risk management practices and procedures
* Have knowledge of public procurement practices
* Have experience of policy and procedure review in a finance setting
* Line management experience
* Capacity to work as part of a busy team
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Good organisation, planning and delivery of work
* Capable of working unsupervised to tight deadlines
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.