Vacancy Reference - 17407
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a permanent Staff Officer Accountant to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm. The following duties will be required -
* Prepare business cases
* Carry out public sector governance exercises
* Prepare financial policies and procedures
* Maintenance and management of payroll budgets
* Monthly Budget management and variance analysis
* Maintain and apply knowledge of current accounting standards and policies
* Implement changes to accounting standards and policies issued by Department of Finance (DOF)
* Provide advice on adhering to Procurement Guidance and Contract management
* Prepare material for Audit and Risk committees
* Maintain internal audit logs and follow up of audit recommendations
* Prepare post project evaluations
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Have at least 6 month’s post qualification experience gained within the last 2 years in an accounting or finance environment to include:
* The preparation and submission of Annual Report and Accounts for audit
* Experience of preparing business cases
* Experience of Public sector governance
* Experience of Account NI
Candidates will be required to obtain a Standard Access NI check at a cost of £18
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.