Vacancy Reference - 17221
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Staff Officer Accountant to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm and expected to last until the end of May 2019. The following duties will be required -
* Assisting with the production of monthly management and annual financial accounts
* Assisting with the year-end accounts consolidation process
* Preparation of journals, monthly reconciliations and finance reports
* Salary planning and forecasting
* Budget build and management
* Assisting with timely monthly and adhoc returns to fulfil the requirements set down by Department of Economy and other external agencies
* Ensuring all internal and financial operations comply with both DfE and Consumer Council internal financial procedures
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Have successfully passed the final professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the bodies detailed below:
* Chartered Accountants Ireland
* The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland
* The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
* The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
* The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
* The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
* The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland
* Have at least a total of 1 year’s post qualification*, experience, gained within the last 5 years, in any one of, or combination of, the following categories
* Preparing or auditing complete Annual Report and Accounts and/or Management Accounts
* Preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and the allocation of resources including experience of producing monthly or quarterly management accounting information
* Developing, auditing or implementing large computerised financial systems
* Carrying out internal audits in the public sector or large private sector organisations
Candidates will be required to obtain a Standard Access NI check at a cost of £26
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.