Vacancy Reference - 16194
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit 3 temporary Senior Procurement Officers to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm and expected to last between 6-8 months . The following duties will be required -
* Provide advice and guidance to clients on procurement matters;
* Develop tender and contract documentation in line with public procurement policy and best practice;
* Implement and manage procurements to deliver Value for Money (VfM) solutions within the public procurement policy, legal and accountability frameworks;
* Manage, motivate and develop a procurement team, achieving agreed business objectives including targets and savings through market assessment and interpretation of Management Information (MI);
* Apply the Client's performance management system to ensure performance meets business objectives;
* Support clients by monitoring supplier performance and driving quality and service improvements at supplier and sector levels to demonstrate benefits of working collaboratively;
* Monitor resources and reporting progress against business objectives to the Procurement Category Manager;
* Work collaboratively with other Northern Ireland CoPEs and other national procurement units to maximise efficiencies and VfM in terms of procurement within specified categories;
* Develop expertise in specific portfolio areas within agreed categories to develop appropriate sourcing, pricing and assessment strategies;
* Ensure ongoing compliance with CPD's Quality Assurance procedures and maintenance of CPD's ISO accreditation;
* Provide management reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other MI as appropriate;
* Advise customers and sector groups to influence their plans to integrate sustainability into future arrangements;
* Implement procurement strategies which integrate policies in respect of sustainability into public procurement; and
* Be involved in Continuous Improvement Projects as required
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Be a current Full member (MCIPS) of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or equivalent
* Have a minimum of 3 years' experience, gained within the last 6 years, with a responsibility for planning and delivering value for money solutions in the procurement of good and/or services with a minimum total value of not less that £500,000 per year
Candidates will be required to obtain a Standard Access NI check at a cost of £26.00
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.