Vacancy Reference - 16745
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Senior Accountant to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week, 8:00am - 6:00pm and expected to last initially for 6 months.
The following duties will be required -
* Full production of the Commission’s Interim (Dec) and Annual (March) Resource Accounts under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
* Supervision of all monthly accounting procedures
* Preparation and presentation of the monthly management accounts and reports. This includes the preparation of weekly and monthly reports, meeting internal budget managers to discuss forecasts and variance analysis, and preparing the monthly management accounts paper for the Secretariat Management Group (SMG)
* Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
* Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register, supervision of Fixed Asset stocktake in preparation of implementation of new computerised fixed asset management system
* Assisting with the preparation of in-year Department of Finance monitoring and estimate returns
* Contract management of the support services contract for the Finance Office software packages (SUN, PECOS and ITRENT)
* Acting as liaison officer with HMRC on all matters of tax compliance (VAT, PAYE, Employee Benefits etc)
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Successfully completed the professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies listed below:
a) the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
b) the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
c) the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland;
d) the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
e) the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
f) the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
* At least two years’ post qualification* direct experience of preparing annual resource and/or accrual accounts for a public, commercial of voluntary sector organisation on an IFRD basis
* At least two years’ experience of preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and reporting on the allocation of resources for a public, commercial or voluntary sector organisation
* Experience of maintaining and developing core IT based financial and/or management accounting systems to assist in the production of financial reports
* A detailed working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets is also essential. Ideally the candidate will have completed an advanced Excel training course
Candidates will be required to obtain a Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.