Vacancy Reference - 17596
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Regional Management Accountant to be based in Belfast. This is a full time temporary ongoing role, Monday to Friday Flexi hours (Typically 9am -5pm) at a rate of £16.71. The following duties will be required -
* Financial Planning / Management Accounting
* Work with budget holders and senior Finance staff to provide effective budgetary control including agreeing budgets, forecasting out-turn, preparing reports for budget holders and Finance Managers
* In order to assist with the efficient and effective running of the Housing Executive, provide a financial analysis service to budget holders, and senior Finance management as required.
* Provision of a management accounting service including allocation of shared services costs between functions and recharging of costs as required, agreement of SLA's.
* Assist in the annual budget review meetings with budget holders and revising the Budget Submissions accordingly.
* Assist in periodic budget reviews and revising budget allocations accordingly.
* Monitor year-end spend by region and by category in accordance with annual budgets.
* Analyse costs, ensuring that costs incurred are being managed and controlled and are necessary. Opportunities for cost savings should be identified and discussed with the relevant managers within the business.
* Maintain a system for charging Support Services costs to operational units, ensuring that the methodology provides a fair & auditable method of charging costs to the service users.
* Maintain a system for charging the cost of commissioned services between Landlord & Regional Services.
* Maintain a system for calculating and maintaining recharge and commissioned service budgets
* Assist in the preparation of full-cost forecast information for both Landlord Services & Regional Services businesses
* Assist with ad hoc investigations and reports, while ensuring that regular reports are produced and circulated in a timely manner.
* Represent the Finance Division on internal/external committees and working groups, as required.
*Actively participate in the development and enhancement of the Housing Executive's key systems, liaising with other Divisions as required.
* Deputise for the relevant Finance Manager.
* Other duties which may arise from time to time as identified by the line manager.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Candidates must clearly demonstrate on their application form that they have the following qualifications and experience:
* A fully qualified member of a recognised CCAB body: (Institutes of Chartered Accountants England and Wales, Scotland, Ireland; Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants; or Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy). This policy does not exclude other formal professional accounting qualifications, which can be proven through contact with the Treasury Audit Policy and Advice Unit or other professional institutions to be equivalent to CCAB qualifications.
Applicants must also demonstrate at least 2 years' experience in each of
* The use of an integrated financial management system and linked reporting tools such as Business Objects, Crystal and Cognos.
* Budgetary control including setting budgets, analysing expenditure, reporting on variances and liaison with budget holders
In addition, applicants must have at least one years' post qualification experience in a senior financial role. A senior financial role is defined as a role with:
* Significant budgetary control responsibility, or
* Experience of preparing and presenting budget / financial information to senior management, or
* Experience of allocating / apportioning overhead costs to operational areas, agreeing service level agreements and reporting on the outcomes.
Additionally, candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following:
* A practical and theoretical knowledge of the application of relevant Financial Reporting Standards.
* The ability to communicate clearly and to work with other senior staff both within and outside the Housing Executive.
* An aptitude for use of ICT to analyse data, demonstrating advanced Excel skills in addition to use of other reporting tools.
* The ability to provide analysis and reports on a wide range of financial issues.
* The ability to provide financial advice within the Housing Executive, and critically analyse financial governance arrangements
Candidates will be required to obtain an Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.