Vacancy Reference 15977
Kennedy Recruitment are currently working in connection with their Public Sector Client to recruit a temporary Band 6 Project Finance Officer to be based in Belfast. Part-time role, consisting of 37 hours per week. The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last until for an initial period of 3 months with a possible extension (subject to funding).
The post holder will be responsible for conducting external first level financial controls to ensure all programme reporting and financial returns are accurate and quality assured.
Main duties include:
* Support the project partners in financial planning and budget forecasting, including income and expenditure
* Provide a detailed knowledge of the bid specification to ensure the organisation remains compliant with the parameters of the funding model
* Monitor financial expenditure and prepare financial claims to the Funder
* Undertake checks on project related claims and supporting documentation on relevant partner procedures and processes
* To develop and keep under regular review a robust system for tracking and reporting on all project related financial and budgetary information
* Ensure project timetables are maintained and flag any discrepancies
* Assist with raising invoices and maintaining accurate financial records on commercial events income and expenditure
* Monitor the unit budget, report variances in line with the profile of Future Projects
* Minimum of two years' experience in financial management, monitoring and reporting of funded projects
* Experience in the financial management, analysis and reporting of budgets
* Experience of using and establishing administrative and computerised systems
* Strong planning, prioritising and organisational skills
An Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33.00 will be required before commencement of this role.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be prohibitive in obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.