Vacancy Reference - 16754
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 6 Management Accountant to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role it's and expected to last until the end of March. The following duties will be required -
* Support the Senior Management Accountant in maintaining effective financial control within allocated Business Units.
* Assist with the production of the BSO Board monthly report.
* Liaise with other members of the Financial Management Team and relevant operational managers to ensure that all relevant service and budgetary agreements, adjustments and funding for other service developments are accurately reflected within the Business Units in order to maintain accurate financial reporting and effective financial control.
* Assist with the provision of expert analysis, interpretation and evaluation of financial and non-financial data.
* Provide high quality advice on all financial issues relating to reform, modernisation and efficiency plans, service strategies, service development proposals, cash release efficiency targets and revenue consequences of capital development proposals within Business Units.
* Responsible for the monthly production of written assessment of the financial position for allocated Business Units.
* Assist with the production of supporting schedules for the monthly Board Finance report.
* Through the variance analysis process assist the Senior Management Accountant in producing meaningful forecasts of year-end outturn.
* Provision of ad-hoc returns, supplementary financial reports and analysis as requested internally and externally.
* Assist in the evaluation, application and monitoring of DHSSPS guidance and circulars and major policy initiatives such as the Comprehensive Spending Review in order to provide assurances on implementation and cost / savings implications.
* Assist in the development and review of financial policies and procedures relating to financial management and budgetary control to ensure that internal controls / controls assurance criteria are met and are consistent with best practice.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Part qualified Accountant having completed the penultimate level of professional Accountancy examinations with one of the six professional accounting institutes (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS, CIMA
* Have a minimum of 2 year's experience working in an accounting / finance role within the last 5 years.
* Please note, this should include a minimum of 1 years' experience within a financial management / management accounts role, which should include experience in regular budgetary reporting to budget managers, provision of support to budget holders and annual budget build.
* Have worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes.
* Have advanced IT skills in relation to MS Office (in particular Excel) applications and experience of working with financial systems including a computerised accounting ledger and budgetary control system.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.