Vacancy Reference - 16752
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 6 Client Reporting Accountant to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, and it's expected to last around 10 months with the possibility of extension. The following duties will be required -
* The post holder will support the Senior Client Accountant in providing a range of financial and management accounting services and in year reporting to BSO external customers.
* Preparation of year end financial accounts on behalf of BSO external customers.
* Preparation of monthly management accounts for BSO external customers. This will include the production of regular, meaningful financial analysis reports to facilitate effective budgetary control.
* The post holder will review and report on the monthly financial services database and prepare in year customer assurance reports.
* Preparation of customer monitoring returns for DHSSPS.
* Updating and monitoring customer action plans.
* Assisting with the annual budget setting process for customers, making recommendations for changes to the budget setting policy.
* Assisting in the production of meaningful income and expenditure information to customers.
* The post-holder will assist customers in undertaking the financial aspects of budget setting, service re-profiling, service developments/retractions and other ad-hoc financial costings as required.
* Through the variance analysis process assist the customer in producing meaningful forecasts of year end outturn, developing strategies for achieving breakeven and managing associated risks.
* Ensure appropriate accounting procedures are adhered to.
* Assisting in the preparation and update of finance service level agreements.
* Contribute to the promotion of a culture of continuous service improvement amongst staff, encouraging participation and that of customers in reviewing and modernizing current services and in service development.
* Liaise with internal and external audit on matters relating to financial management and accounting services for customers as appropriate.
* Attendance at customer audit committees as required. To liaise closely with professionals (Finance and non-Finance) within BSO, DHSSPS, Advisors, Contractors, Trusts and other agencies as required.
* Assist with the provision of analysis, interpretation and evaluation of financial and nonfinancial data.
* Assisting customers with financial analysis and plans and projections as required.
* Assisting in the provision of budgetary control training for budget holders and other non financial managers.
* Support the customer in formulating plans for change, articulating risks and appraising options.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Part qualified Accountant having completed the penultimate level of professional Accountancy examinations with one of the six professional accounting institutes (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS, CIMA or ICAI).
* Have a minimum of 2 year's experience working in an accounting / finance role within the last 5 years.
* Please note, this should include a minimum of 1 year's experience within a financial management / management accounts or financial accounting role.
* Have worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes.
* Have advanced IT skills in relation to MS Office (in particular Excel) applications and experience of
working with financial systems including a computerised accounting ledger and budgetary control system.
* Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.