Vacancy Reference - 17611
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a Band 4 Credit Controller to be based in Belfast. This is a full-time temporary position, 37.5 hours per week and expected to last for six months initially. The following duties will be required -
* To follow up on unpaid invoices with clients and their representatives and respond effectively to challenges to charges for residential and nursing care in order to achieve prompt and regular payments
* Maintain Database for outstanding clients' balances recording actions taken and outcomes
* Communicate verbally and in writing with clients and their representatives to achieve payment of outstanding balances and on-going charges levied by the Client
* Negotiate repayment arrangements with clients in order to address outstanding debts and return accounts to current status
* Pursue problematic outstanding debts through to litigation where necessary. This will involve liaison with senior Finance and Service managers, Social Security Agency, Client Solicitors etc and will require a full and in-depth analysis of all facts of the cases and a detailed understanding of the Client's charging policies
* Routinely review clients' accounts to identify general trends in debt collection and work towards achieving targets to maximise cash collections and reduce debtor collection periods
* Interpret government legislation and Departmental guidance (Charging for Residential Accommodation Guide (CRAG)), and assist in devising, reviewing and updating the Client's charging policies and procedures
* Ensure that the Client's charging policies, procedures and internal controls are operating effectively and that all information produced is timely, complete and accurate
* Assist and promote changes in systems and procedures which maximise the collection of clients' charges
* Assist in the preparation of such financial information and reports, as are required by the Director of Finance
* Perform other duties as may be required by the Director of Finance
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* A BTEC Higher National Diploma (Business),
* A finance related degree,
* Institute of Accounting Technicians qualification,
* Part-qualified up to intermediate stage with one of the CCAB bodies
* And two years Credit Control experience.
* Five GCSEs Grade A-C (or equivalent) to include Maths/Accounts and English
* Four years Credit Control experience.
* Knowledge of computer systems particularly Word Processing and Spreadsheets packages.
* Knowledge of Credit Control Procedures.
* Knowledge of Health & Personal Social Services
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.