Vacancy Reference: 17941
We are currently working in connection with our major public sector client, an established strategic housing authority, to recruit a Assistant Payments Manager for the Belfast area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37 hours per week, at rate of £14.18 per hour. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate.
- Assisting the Payments Manager in the day to day management of the Payments Team to ensure that customer demands are achieved on a controlled and timely manner. This support will include delivery of business objectives and effective conduct of the core activities of the Payments Team.
- Continually assess customer demand and manage/plan/prioritise resulting workload in order to best meet customer expectations
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers in order to ensure the timely resolution of disputes
- Exercise the challenge function in order to ensure probity of NIHE funds
- Provide advice and guidance to customers in relation to NIHE authorisation and payment procedures
- the final examinations of AAT or IATI OR the foundation papers of a CCAB body (or equivalent) OR a relevant degree (e.g. Accounting, Business Studies) or equivalent qualification
- In addition, candidates must have at least 2 years relevant experience. Exceptionally, candidates who do not meet the qualification requirements above but can demonstrate that they have at least 3 years relevant experience will also be considered.
Relevant experience must include:
- Experience of successfully managing staff in a busy, target-driven, and controlled transaction processing environment (2 years required if candidate meets qualification requirement; 3 years required if candidate does not meet the qualification requirement).
- Candidates must also demonstrate that they have relevant experience in three of the four areas listed below (2 years required in each if candidate meets qualification requirement; 3 years required in each if candidate does not meet the qualification requirement).
- use of a financial management system.
- advanced use of spreadsheets.
- the ability to specify/produce reports from the system and produce information to assist in the management of the function.
- experience in a payments processing environment demonstrating an understanding of VAT, coding, and supplier management
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain a Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.