Honeycomb is assisting our client, a leading global professional services firm, with the recruitment of Regulatory Compliance (CASS) - Senior Associates, for their office based in Belfast.
This is a full time and permanent position.
A leading global player within the Professional Services industry, based in Belfast city centre. Provide operational and managed service solutions to international clients to meet regulatory, risk and compliance challenges.
With over 2000 staff deployed on large implementation and execution programmes to support clients in the delivery of large scale operational programmes and managed solutions.
The Compliance Testing CASS team supports regulatory compliance and assurance on investment banks and asset & wealth management firms, ensuring that they have adequate process and controls in place to mitigate risks associated with corporate failure and protection of investors and customers. Engaging directly with clients, document and assess business, products, and processes, execute controls testing, and provide recommendations back to improve and enhance frameworks.
A career in the CASS team will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, asset & wealth management firms to global institutions and investment banks. Highly focused on innovation and technology you will have the opportunity to gain experience working with RPA (robotics) tools, the latest analytics & visualisation tools, and learn to create and use your own personal automation tools.
You will need to demonstrate technical understanding/experience across the following areas;
- Conducting meetings (typically with the use of technology) with clients to obtain an understanding of the client's business processes, risks, and controls;
- Obtaining evidence and documenting understanding of the clients business processes, risks, and controls;
- Assessing evidence received from clients to conclude on whether their processes, risks and controls are operating as intended.
- Liaising with the Subject Matter Experts to conclude upon the work performed and documenting the outcomes.
- Providing recommendations to clients on how to improve their business processes and controls frameworks to ensure regulatory compliance.
This role provides a real breadth and depth of experience and provides fantastic exposure to some of the most high profile financial services clients, in the investment banking and asset & asset management sector.
- 2 or more years experience in a CASS industry role, or in a controls testing or assurance environment
- Knowledge of controls testing or audit methodologies
- Senior stakeholder relationship management
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for delivering high quality output
- Strong analytical skills, being able to understand complex processes and apply challenge
- Excellent problem solving skills, ease of navigating through issues and problems
- Willingness to expand technical knowledge in a broad range of client facing projects
- Proven ability to be a team player, while retaining the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Experience of identifying and effectively reporting issues and recommendations for improvement to clients
- CASS regulatory experience in an audit or industry environment
- Experience working in a regulated industry such as investment banking or asset & wealth management
- Experience in providing coaching and feedback for junior staff and identifying development opportunities to build upon the strengths of team members
- Ability to manage deadlines within multiple projects and demonstrate project management skills
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- You will work with a variety of clients across a range of different programmes providing you with the opportunity to see and try new things. This employer has a strong culture of business innovation, using technology and process improvement to automate the mundane and repeatable tasks. You will have an opportunity to get involved and work alongside technology enablement teams to create positive change.
- You will benefit from a range of personal development support. This includes having access to technical training pathways and personal skills training programmes delivered by a dedicated Academy team. You will also have access to a Professional Qualification pathway that includes a wide range of industry recognised qualifications that can support your desired career direction, including Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment, Investment Operations Certificate (IOC).
- This role will be based in Belfast, with opportunities for short or ad hoc travel for the purposes of training or meeting clients in person. There will also be opportunities for longer term travel for those candidates seeking such but your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Rachael Stewart, Professional Services Team at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is permitted to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
Experience: 0 yrs