Honeycomb is partnering with our client, a diverse financial services company, with the recruitment of an Operations Analyst (Trade Admin), for their new team based in Belfast.
This is a full time and 9 month Fixed Term Contract (FTC).
Our client is a diversified financial services firm founded in 1918 with offices worldwide. We are seeking to add to the Belfast team for a fixed term contract of 9 months.
Focusing on trade reconciliations, discrepancy investigation and resolution, Client statement production, the provision of various reportings for internal/external accounts and general operational duties primarily in support of our London business. We are looking for an individual with excellent written and verbal English communications skills who is exceptionally organised and detail oriented. A successful candidate will need to exhibit an understanding of accounting and financial record keeping, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a fast paced and expanding business line.
- General ledger reconciliations
- Reconciling activity to ensure accounting system reflects correct transactional details
- Working with cross-functional teams to ensure quality and accuracy of data
- Effectively detect system errors and communicate resolutions to development teams
- Working closely with the development team to improve internal system capabilities
- Assuring ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
A relevant university degree in finance, economics or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification.
- Desire to build a career in Financial Services
- General understanding of accounting process
- Familiarity with equity, option, future, equity swap, and fx related financial instruments
- Maintains a professional business demeanour and works with a sense of urgency
- Customer focused attitude, and able to interface directly with clients when required
- Ensure high levels of confidentiality in relation to the work of the company and clients
- Team player with a strong desire to learn
- Open minded, outgoing and enthusiastic
- Minimum 12 months experience working in a professional or financial service
- Strong computer software skills including Microsoft Office. Particularly the ability to use Excel to manipulate, analyse, and summarise financial data.
- Hard working and with the highest standards of personal integrity
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Rational and logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent teamwork and ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively under pressure
- Ability to relate well with others and build relationships
- Belfast Office
- 40-hour week with 1 hour for lunch based on 7.00am to 4.00pm
- Competitive salary dependant on skills and experience
- Leading benefits package including company pensions and wellbeing benefits.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Rachael Stewart, Professional Services Team at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is permitted to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
Experience: 0 yrs